Nsight Visual Studio Edition 4.5 New Features
For a complete overview of all Nsight? Visual Studio Edition features and access to resources, please visit the main Nsight? Visual Studio Edition page.
NVIDIA® Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 4.5 is available for download under the NVIDIA GameWorks Registered Developer Program. This release improves OpenGL 4.3 support, increases performance of graphics applications running in the Frame Debugger and Analysis Tracing, and includes support for CUDA 7.0 Release Candidate Toolkit.
New NVIDIA? Nsight™ Visual Studio Edition 4.5 Features:
Graphics Debugging and Profiling
- Expanded OpenGL API support to include the 4.3 core profile features.
- Added the capability for OpenGL applications to generate source code to replay captured frames outside of the original application. Allows users to compile and rerun the captured frame and share and modify generated code.
- Improved performance in Frame Debugger and Analysis Tracing modes by reduction of interception overhead, resulting in better interactivity and improved accuracy of data measurement.
- Added a new Frame Statistics View that includes call counts for draw calls, dispatches, clears, etc.
- Added a histogram control to the Resources View to visualize color channels and perform range remapping for visualization.
- The Memory View can now export data to CSV or binary files.
Compute Debugging and Profiling
- CUDA 7.0 RC
- Several bug fixes
- The Nsight Debugger settings (unless overwritten) now uses the Visual Studio macros: